The older you get the more you discover, the more you learn. After living in 5 different countries, lots of crazy adventures and having conversations with people from all around the world, I learned not only some important life lessons but also gained a lot of life experience.
It’s all about balancing the good and bad, the ups and downs, the opportunities and losses,… Sometimes you need to have that occasional break down just to get up again and be stronger than ever before. Here is a list of 25 life lessons I have learned in the 25 years.
1. You can do anything but not everything.
Whatever your dream or goal is, it is possible! You can’t do anything and it does not come for granted. Decide what you want to do, focus and work your ass off.
2. It is okay to give up and to think ‘F*CK this shit’.
Once in a while a full break down is completely normal. Cry yourself a river, wear your pyjamas all day, eat a full tub of ice cream and sing along with Adele. It is okay!
3. Eat right and exercise. Your future self will thank you!
You have heard it a million times before but you are what you eat. You will feel good, look amazing and be full of energy. Food can be the most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.
ALSO WATCH: ‘My weight loss transformation’
4. It is the small daily choices that define your routine and success.
5. If your dream is to travel, DO IT.
There will always be an excuse. If there is no way do it, then find one.
6. Never make an important decision when you are tired, hungry or angry.
7. People want to see you do good but never better than them.
Jealousy is a nasty thing…
8. Family, love and friendship are the most important things. If you love someone, tell them!
9. Don’t promise when you are happy, don’t reply when you are angry and don’t decide when you are sad.
10. Sometimes people are meant to be in your life for just a certain amount of time and no more.
You might get separated by distance or you grow apart. It sucks, but there is nothing to do about it.
11. You have to fail over and over again to become successful.
EVERYONE who has achieves something in life has failed too, a lot… It is not about giving up, but about starting over again. Behind every success goes a lot of commitment, failure and hard work that you don’t see.
12. Nobody knows what’s inside of you.
Not everyone understands your ideas or mindset. Also small minded people often can’t understand big goals.
13. Love is amazing
14. Don’t be scared to be lonely.
If you want to go somewhere but have no one to go with you, don’t let this hold you back. Just go. Who knows who you meet on the way. Chase adventure. 15. Forgive yourself
15. You are not perfect and you don’t have to be. Nobody is.
16. Life does not always turn out like you plan. Just live in the moment and go with the flow.
17. You can learn a language in one year if you make small daily efforts.
If you want to learn a new language, don´t be afraid to make mistakes or look like a fool. That´s the only way to learn.
18. Don’t feel bad if you don’t know what to do with your life.
There are so many options or directions we can go in life. It’s absolutely normal that you feel overwhelmed or lost sometimes.
19. Make small decisions with your mind and big decisions with your heart.
20. Be crazy, be weird, be silly.
Who wants to be normal? That’s boring no…
21. If a boy really likes you, you will know.
Don’t chase a boy. The person you are meant to be with will never have to be chased, begged or given an ultimatum.
22. It takes time to learn a new skill.
You need around 10.000 hours of practice to become a pro at something. So if you are trying something and it is not going well, just hold on, be patient and try over again.
23. Money is replaceable.
Can you relate to any of them? Let me know what other life lessons you have learned so far in the comments below.
24. Don’t care about what other people think
I knowww this is hard. There will always be people judging and criticising whatever you do. So f*ck them and do whatever makes you happy.
25. Wear sunscreen. It’s important!
Which numbers can you relate to the most? Let me know in the comments below!